Passionfruit Curd







I confess - I eat this straight out of the jar... yes, its incredible in tiny tart shells, yes, its delicious inside macarons as a burst of bright sunshine,



yes it's divine on scones with a dollop of thick cream, yes it makes ice cream sing to the heavens with happiness - and it's so good just scooped out of the jar.
 


And... guess what - it's so ridiculously easy.  You'll be making this for anyone and everyone as delicious home made gifts and they will love you forever.  With only four ingredients it couldn't be simpler.   Use fresh passionfruit rather than canned - they will give you a much brighter, yellow and flavourful curd.    I used extra large eggs which seemed to help too.   Want to cut back on sugar?  You can happily use monkfruit or stevia in this recipe.   I made some and my husband loved it on a no-sugar cheesecake (that recipe will have to come soon!).




I find I'm always collecting little jars - these jars from delicious goats cheese are the perfect size for the passionfruit curd.    Do you hate when you go on a recipe blog and have to read soooo much and you're thinking "just get to the recipe" - yeah, me too!  So, without further ado, here it is:


Ingredients:

- 125g chilled butter, chopped
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 180ml (3/4 cup) fresh passionfruit pulp
- 4 egg yolks

Method:

Combine the butter, sugar, passionfruit and egg yoks in a medium saucepan over low heat.  Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until the mixture thickens.  Transfer to a sterilised jar and pop in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.

(I used about 10 passionfruit to get 3/4 cup).

Curd can be stored in the fridge for up to 10 days.





Comments