Rich, creamy, chocolate - mmmmm
You will need:
3/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup milk
2 cups thickened cream
1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients until sugars are dissolved.
- Cover and pop in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Turn on your ice-cream maker and pour choc mixture in. Mix for about 20 minutes.
- The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired freeze for more than 2 hours.
- Store in an airtight container in your freezer.
You can adapt this recipe by adding 100g melted chocolate through at the last minutes of mixing - this incorporates delicious chocolate chunks through the icecream
Recipe Idea - Rocky Road Ice Cream
I made this and it lasted about two minutes in our house - SO DELICIOUS
1 quantity of chocolate icecream
1/2 cup of raspberry lollies cut into pieces
1/2 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup nuts (I used macadamias) coarsely chopped
Add these ingredients at last couple of minutes of mixing
Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream
Mmmm, dark chocolate and raspberries, the perfect combination
simply add at the last couple of minutes of churning
1 cup frozen raspberries crushed
If you do not have an ice cream maker you can still make icecream...simply pour your mix into a baking tin and freeze for four hours...taking the tin out every half hour of this time and beating (or mixing with food processor / blender) and putting back in.